Have you ever taste chocolate pizzelle? If not try out below recipe and make your home made chocolate pizzelle.
A - Ingredients
1/2 cup (175 g) granulated sugar
- zest of one orange (optional)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (60 mil) cold water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick/113 g) butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup (120 g) sifted unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- Heat up the pizzelle maker for a few minutes and in the mean time you try mixing the ingredients.
- Take out a small bowl and mix up the orange zest into the sugar with your fingers. (optional)
- In the bowl with hand mixer(or bowl of the stand mixer) beat the sugar and eggs together until the mixture is light.
- Add the water(preferably cold), fresh butter, and vanilla. Whisk together the cocoa powder and flour, making sure there are no lumps, then add to the wet mixture. Mix on low until the batter is smooth and the chocolate color is even throughout.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the batter for each cookie onto the heated pizzelle maker(which should be heated by now) and close the top. Cook according to the manufacturer’s directions, usually 30-60 seconds.
- Gently lift with a fork or silicone spatula and transfer to a wire rack. Store in a tin, not airtight, away from other cookies. They need some exposure to air to stay crispy.
- They can be served flat or rolled into a cone or tube shape, and both the rolled shapes just beg to be filled with some kind of cream or marscapone filling.Enjoy the tasty bites.
Source : wikihow.com
( The Pizzelle Maker )